“I found the workmen very helpful, they also left everything clean and tidy”
Flue & Chimney Repairs
Having your flue checked regularly is vital!
All appliances that use gas, oil wood or smokeless fuels all produce Carbon Monoxide. It can be potentially fatal and even low levels of the poison can cause lasting damage to your health which is why it is vital that you take the correct measures to ensure your chimney is safe. Of course there can be obvious signs that a chimney repair is required such as excessive soot, debris falling, fumes, problems with the fire drawing poorly and overheating chimney walls. The inside of the chimney with age and use can become corroded and then there becomes a risk of carbon monoxide leaking into your home.
Thermocrete have been established for over 40 years and we have carried out thousands of chimney repairs & flue lining installations on properties across the UK.
Our Chimney Repair Services include:
Tarred chimneys are the most common cause of chimney fires. Using Thermocrete’s Creosote Removal Treatment will enable the chimney to be used again and minimise the risk of fire.
- The chimney will initially be swept from the top with specialist sweep brushes
- Specialised chemicals are then sprayed onto the internal surfaces of the chimney
- The chemicals are left to react with the creosote for a minimum of seven days
- After the chemical reaction is complete the residue is removed
- The chimney is then tested
- If any further problems become apparent, this will be reported and any remedial works required will be advised.